Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Scenes From A Memoria pt 1

Wind User Interface® is nearly it's first release.
(FINALLY!, I can hear you saying :p)

While I am fixing major errors, I'd like to share with you some of my memories... :) As I said at JoeJoe.org forums, the whole project
is not focused ONLY in the WB theme, but it's a huge concept involving memories and other nostalgic feelings. The glass concept fitted like a glove to my intentions, brings me the feeling of good old memories, while a darker theme would input the chaotic feeling, obscure... Today I've found old pics of Memoria when I was working on it. Honestly I wasn't planning such big project when I started the WB theme, not even the name I had. Just knew I wanted something with glass... and yes, oh yes, something with resemblances to WMP 11. Through these months I fed the ideas with new concepts, looks like we're getting somewhere. Well, I like "betas" and "demos", original ideas, so I am sharing the past of Wind User Interface with you now. :)


Early builds_

*Original Base
Early builds were based in Longhorn themes and glossy themes. The original WBA file was constructed over the great ClearOne theme. Buttons, scrollbars and backgrounds, all from ClearOne. For the glass window borders, I tried Glass! 2.0 theme and Athens DWM.

Wind User Interface® Codename: Memoria® build 4000


The skin was surely pretty useable that time, though with a lot of ugly-unfinished parts. The Bottom Shellstyle was pretty active since that compilation, and it's a thing I am trying to drag to the final build.


The Start Panel is, with no doubt, my biggest headache with this Theme. Applying a cool Start Panel is not to simple make glass frames and input them in Skin Studio. It must fit the whole feel pretty well. The next image pictures very well my first intention with the SP, something related to dynamism and media integration. I was making use of Glass!
2.0 borders that time.

Wind User Interface® Codename: Memoria® build 4616

The 4616 build was the most stable build I got while under that base. Used it for a good while. ^_^
But yet, the SP changed.
Wind User Interface® Codename: Memoria® build 4668




*Aeth
"Aeth" is the name for the Styler Toolbar skin that I made to fit the user interface. Through the development, it had a lot of designs. Before becoming into "Aeth" (that is, how you can imagine, a joke with "Aero"), it was labeled "Dark Winds UI", because of it's black background. Though Memoria had a non-black version of Aeth in the DeviantArt scrap. The new WUI builds are bringing the WMP 11 feel to Aeth. The fast and intuitive were ALWAYS an aim to me. I guess we can have a faster folder browsing now. ;)


...to be continued ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home